Open Crumb Mastery

Over brood (en banket) bakken zou je boeken vol kunnen schrijven. En dat gebeurt dus ook.
Hier vind je verschillende boeken over de edele bakkunsten.
Plaats reactie
Jos bakt
Deegkneder

Open Crumb Mastery

Bericht door Jos bakt »

In de lijst met aanbevolen boeken op de site van desemgoeroe Tom Cucuzza wordt het boek Open Crumb Mastery van Trevor Wilson aanbevolen met highly recommended.
Trevor Wilson’s popular e-book is an extraordinary deep dive into the world of artisanal sourdough baking. Wilson’s book is well-known among sourdough enthusiasts and it marked a breakthrough for me when I read it in the summer of 2020. Wilson describes, with authenticity, depth and humor, what you will come to recognize as “The Sourdough Obsession” — the continuous search for the perfect loaf.

No one does it better than Wilson in describing the small tweaks, the subtle nuances, and the fleeting, elusive moments in the quest for the perfect loaf. Wilson gives names to the previously nameless tradeoffs instinctively employed by the most experience bakers and he explains them in an understandable, logical manner. This book is one-of-a-kind inside look into the sourdough baker’s mind.
Het is een eBook en het koste me flink wat moeite om het te bemachtigen. Oorspronkelijk werd het aangeboden via een site die niet langer bereikbaar is. Gelukkig kon ik het via de Facebook groep Sourdough Geeks vinden waar het ook werd aanbevolen. Je kunt het boek kopen via deze link.

Ik vind het een geweldig boek. Het beschrijft alle stappen in het maken van desembrood in detail. Een echte aanrader voor degene die zich wil verdiepen in het hoe en waarom.
Plaats reactie